NCLEX preparation is a key component of our curriculum for our vocational nursing students at the WCUI School of Nursing, because the NCLEX-PN is a key component to your career as a licensed vocational nurse. The current NCLEX pass rates at our California campuses absolutely reflect the hard work our students and faculty put into NCLEX preparation. The current combined California NCLEX pass rate at our Los Angeles and Ontario campus is 91.5%*! We are so proud of our nursing students! Your hard work and dedication to nursing has paid off!
WHY DO YOU NEED TO TAKE THE NCLEX-PN?
In order to become a nurse in the U.S you must pass the NCLEX-PN examination after successfully completing and obtaining a diploma from a licensed practical nursing or licensed vocational nursing program. The NCLEX exam is designed to cover four major areas of practice:
- Effective, safe care environment: This covers coordinated care, infection control and safety
- Health promotion and maintenance: Which includes preventative healthcare, data collection, and self-care
- Psychosocial Integrity: This looks at your ability to cope with the stresses of being a nurse and also focuses on being able to deliver mental health care.
- Physiological Integrity: This is the largest element of the NCLEX examination which accounts for 43% to 67% of all questions. This is about your ability to deliver proper nursing care, such as, basic care and comfort, pharmacological therapies, risk potential reduction, and physiological adaption.
HOW DOES THE WCUI SCHOOL OF NURSING PREPARE STUDENTS FOR THE NCLEX-PN?
Our WCUI Vocational Nursing program not only builds our students foundation of knowledge and skills in nursing, NCLEX-PN reviews are integrated during classes at each level of the program*. Through the use of ATI review material, students are able to test their understanding of the questions that could appear on the NCLEX-PN exam. This provides them the opportunity to become familiar with the material and testing format of the NCLEX exam and see where their strengths and weaknesses lie. Our nursing faculty is on-hand to provide further NCLEX reviews and study assistance throughout the VN program to help our nursing students succeed.
Are you interested in becoming a licensed vocational nurse? We are currently enrolling at our Los Angeles and Ontario campuses for a term start in January 2020! Our admissions team is ready to assist you through the process and figure out if our vocational nursing program is the right move for your healthcare career. Give us a call at (888)315-4993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on prepping for the NCLEX exam visit:
For more information on the licensure requirements in California: https://www.nursinglicensure.org/state/nursing-license-california.html
* Current NCLEX Quarter Rates up through Qtr3 2019. Please see www.bvnpt.ca.gov for per campus rates
* WCUI’s Vocational Nursing program only leads to licensure in the state of California